7.11.2012

fasting. from. MAKEUP!?

Y'all are going to think I'm nuts. Maybe I am... But that means that the girls in my small group are too! One of the girls came across this blog... http://melissajenna.com/category/makeup-fast/.



We are inspired to try this too. This should be great for blogging. Everyone will get to see my 'naked' face. In order to make the transition a little less drastic, and to decrease the shock value (haha), we decided to take away one thing at a time. I will keep you updated on what items we are eliminating. :)

Let me assure you that this will not be an easy task for any of us. While I don't wear a lot of makeup, what I do wear is key to my feeling good and refreshed throughout the day. Here's what i will be eliminating:

  • Bare Mineral Foundation under eyes and around nose. Also used to cover a birth mark on my cheek.
  • Bare Mineral Bronzer.
  • Blush
  • Eyeliner
  • Mascara (This will be a devastating one.)

How awesome would this be if, as a female species, we started a revolution! After all, if we're being honest, we don't wear makeup for the men in our life. If I painted my face with a crayon Christian would still tell me how beautiful I look. We do it because we feel ugly without it. We do it for other women. I am so inspired by this Makeup Fast. I crave security with the face and the body that God has given me.

Maybe this is the first step...

H

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing you did not get your mothers eyebrows!

Unknown said...

I'm not brave enough!

Allison Taylor said...

This is a really interesting idea! haha I might have to tone the makeup down one step at a time too haha... but I might try this :)

Heather Rose said...

I'm hoping not to chicken out! I've eliminated eye liner today... so it's a start. You should try it!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting