10.16.2012

New hurr & the challenge... finally.

My goal is to write every day during this challenge for the remainder of it! The class I am currently in hardly requires any homework; I love having that as an excuse for forgetting about my blog! I have to be super careful not to let not-blogging stress me out. I so badly want to be one of those expert bloggers who have incredible looking photoshop images with these profound and funny blog posts every day... So much pressure! It's easy to lose sight of the reason why I started blogging in the first place when I get caught up in the comparisons between my blog and others that I read.

Some cool things that have happened in my life lately...

- I won FIVE FREE PAIRS OF SHOES from Naomi Davis' blog Rockstar Diaries. I talked a little about how she writes one of my favorite blogs back in an earlier post. You read that right... FIVE FREE-NO-STRINGS-ATTACHED PAIRS OF SHOES! EEK! How lucky am I?

- Something super cool... I hacked off ALL of my hair. Yep. Probably about 16 inches total. I left work around 4 last Wednesday and decided that I should finally go ahead and just do it! I've loved the style forever, and I knew from everything I had read that I would love it. I will admit, when I first left the salon I was partly in shock, and even more nauseated than I had expected- lol. Side bar- I didn't tell Christian! I had to tell some white lies to keep him believing that I was still at work. Here is part of the reaction he had to seeing it for the first time... Sorry about the mess; he was fixing his bike in the living room.

Haha he loves it! He likes it way better than the long hair. Really I think he just likes that i look like a B.A. Or maybe that's me. ;)

...

This doesn't even seem real. Lol excuse my face. My best
friend, Brooke, came with.

Since I was planning to donate 10 inches, I had to have it in a pony tail first.
I think overall she cut around 15 inches.
freaking out!
feeling a tad faint-ish immediately after.
it might have been the coconut water. haha.

And here is the final product! I'm super obsessed with it. I have honestly never felt so girly/sexy before in my life!

I love that I can wear fun earrings and you can actually see them ;)

A lil front porch sittin' with my C.



Okay, to continue on with my challenge.  I will do better!

What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now? 

Pssh. Five? I am so stinkin' happy; I don't know if five will cut it.

Let's see..

1. Christian.

How sick of seeing his name are you guys? Haha. I can't help it, and I decided that I'm going to stop apologizing for talking about him all the time. I am so blessed to have him as my husband. He is a daily reminder of how perfect God's plan is and how being obedient to what God desires for us is really the best way to live. He is my constant. 

2. Worship.

I LIVE for worship on Sunday mornings. I mean.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I love worship music, and I love the presence of God that fills both the room and my soul. What's better is that I don't have to wait for Sunday mornings to feel God. 

3. Spending Sundays with my family.

Wrestling, football, food, laughter... There isn't anything sweeter. I wish that we lived close to C's family too. 

4. This new 'do.

Cut me some slack- I'm allowed one shallow answer, right? I'm pretty flippin excited over this hair. I still feel like a brand new woman!

5. Getting healthy.

This is all C's doing really. Since we've been married we have resorted to snuggling on the couch over running or working out. All of the sudden pasta, beer, and dessert had accompanied every meal. For the past week or so Christian has been eating healthier and encourages me to do the same. While I would MUCH rather have a cadbury bar over a celery stick, it will be worth it.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Aaaahhh!!! I still can't get over your hair! You look so gorg! I need to stop obsessing about how my blog compares to others and how I don't have 1500 people following me. It's so hard when you look at other blogs and they look so incredible and sophisiticated. We'll have to keep tabs on each other. Love you! xoxo

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting