7.18.2012

an exciting couple of days!

First things first. Makeup Update:

This sucks. This is hard. This is not fun. Haha this will get better.... right? I am starting to feel like I look sickly. There have been some perks to being 'naked' that I will be sad to let go after all of this:

I don't have to worry about wiping mascara off after each shower. Oh and I don't leave black smudges on our towels. :)
I can rub my naturally itchy eyes any time I want!
When Christian tells me I'm beautiful, I know he sees more than just my face.
My friends and family are super encouraging.
I used to put it on while I drove, or while Christian was driving whenever we went anywhere.

  1. Dangerous- Yes. 
  1. It's really nice to just enjoy the drives together now.


And since you asked what the sucky parts of all this are, let me just tell you.

Meeting new people is probably the most awkward part of all of this. I want to preface each handshake with, "Oh and by the way, I don't usually look this bad."

My smile is simply not as bright. It's true. (Even thought it's probably due to my bad attitude)

Awkward stares- This is totally in my head. But it makes for funny stories about gawking children.

This is only the first week, so I keep reassuring myself that this will get better, and that this is going to be worth it.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to the world, Elijah Samuel Trapp!

Such a sweet little blessing. Keep him and his momma in your prayers, please. He's just a little guy.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting