8.07.2012

Day 31

I really thought this 40 days of 'nakedness' would be a horrible pain in the rear thing to do. After 31 days of being makeup-less, I still feel equally as refreshed as I did in the first week! I go back and forth between whether I'll wear makeup again or not, but I do feel so much more secure with my natural face than I have since I was younger. I still miss mascara...



I was reflecting on a time when makeup wasn't a big deal in my life. Coincidentally, the last time I remember not wearing makeup at all was when I dated Christian in high school. I was 14/15 and he was 16. It wasn't until after we broke up that I started to wear a little bit here and there. He has always had a way of making me feel like the most beautiful girl on the planet; like I'm the only girl in the room. During this Makeup Fast it seems I have rekindled that fire in Christian's heart. The memory of the natural, make-up free, nerdy 14 year old with her backpack bigger than her, and her looks and popularity second to her school work and family. I'd like to think I'm still that girl, but it is nice seeing myself the way that he has always seen me.

Sometimes he is a bigger reflection of Christ than he realizes.

After my volleyball game freshmen year. look at his hair! haha.
My green eyes never used to show in pictures.

Homecoming 2002. Before we started dating, we went to a dance together.
He is soooo handsome!

& a little questionnaire... just because!

Three names people call me:  hm besides Heather: Baby, Rosie, Chacon
Three places I have lived:  Manheim, Germany; Honnolulu, Hawaii; Fountain, CO

Three places I have worked:  Coldstone Creamery; Ruby Tuesday; RTC (Current)


Three things I love to watch: Documentaries; My brothers play sports; C when he doesn't know.

Three places I have been:  The Yucatan; An alligator swamp; Vail... All random, and all very different. The Yucatan for our honeymoon, an alligator swamp because C, Chad, and Adam made me, and Vail to play in a volleyball tournament in high school... which my dad and I won, btw. Not competitive at all. ;)

Three things I love to eat: candy. candy. candy. JK. Pesto, chocolate, hummus


Three things I'm looking forward to:  Our anniversary, Vegas for Shannon's wedding, babies.





1 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pictures of you and Christian from school!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting