8.29.2012

Heaven must be that much sweeter.

It's easy to prolong writing your next blog post when you have SO much to update about... Jeez. It has been a whirlwind of a month!

I really want to be candid on here, and talk about things that are great and things that are very much not so great. Let me start off with the beginning of the month.....

August 3rd, Christian was laid off from his brand new job. This was THE job. The job he was so super proud of... BUT God always has bigger and better plans. He truly knows the desires of our hearts, even when we can't formulate those ideas in our heads. After some gut-checking, and some immediate panic and sorrow, Christian and I began to pray hard. We did some crying, but mainly we felt at peace with whatever path God had laid before us. I think it really took the words of my daddy for us to really understand. He told Christian something along the lines of 'when it's all said and done, when this is all over, that was JUST a job. that's it. It does not make you who you are!' I have lots of DUH moments, and this was certainly one of them.

My husband is the most caring, loving, and motivated human being I know. To see him at his lowest, and then to see him lift his hands in worship while at church that following Sunday, was a greater testimony to me than anything he has ever said or done. God is bigger than that stinkin' job! Turns out, just two weeks later (this week) he would be starting a new job. A BETTER JOB. :)  God is good.




<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Psalm 34:18

Sweet baby Elijah went to be with the Lord on Saturday, August 25th. He passed peacefully in her arms.. and if I could guess, was greeted at Heaven's gates straight into the arms of my Grandaddy. Two of the most special people in Haley's life were together, and would never have to feel pain again. While it is a comforting thought, I can't imagine the pain that Haley is feeling. I am reminded, once again, that God is bigger and that He will carry her through all of this. I have to say, Heaven will be a much sweeter place knowing that Haley will one day be united with that sweet baby boy.

I am so grateful for family and friends who support us in good times and in bad. I'll be sure to update more often so that my next post isn't so hard!

xo
H




1 comments:

Haley Trapp said...

Heather, I love you especially for this. <3

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting