10.05.2012

Day 4- Dear 16 year old Heather

When I first saw this list, this is the question that caught my attention. This will be easy in the sense that there are lots of things I wish I could redo, but difficult in that these same regrets will resurface.

I'm so blessed. I had a loving set of parents and a ton of outside support that always pointed me in the right direction. I took pride in the fact that I usually chose to do the right things... << See that word? PRIDE. Thank you blog for proving to everyone else the struggle that you face daily. I'm sure we'll talk about this at some point... I tend to be very prideful. Ick!

List 10 things you would tell your 16 year old self, if you could.



1) The sports you play do not define you. One day, a day not very far off, you will quit your college soccer team. What feels like the most important aspect of your life is really just a minor detail. You will always love sports, but it's okay not to be the best.

2) We all have different battles. Stop resenting others simply because the relationship has changed. Sometimes friends stay for a season, and that's just the way God intended it.

3) Your parents love you. They do everything for you out of love.

4) Stay the night with your Mamaw more often. As scary as it might be when the floor creaks, and as much as you'd rather stay up texting or on the internet, you will miss out on some of your fondest memories. The 24 year old Heather would stay with her 24 hours a day. It makes me sick to think of the conversations and hugs that we didn't get to share. 



5) You will value your purity and your relationship with God for the rest of your life. Hang on to them.

6) Help your parents out. Let them know how much you appreciate them.

7) Stay out late. Jump on the trampoline all night. Have sleepovers. Really live and enjoy these moments... For some reason, as you get older, friendships change and the innocence and freedom of being a teenager only hangs around for a short time.

8) He is a LOSER. He treats you horribly, uses you, and is NOT a good friend. Let him go and look around you! At 16 you have already cried way too many tears over someone who would never care to do the same for you. Maybe that Christian character you used to date deserves another chance ;)
Side note: Christian and I dated when I was 14/15. He was always so so so nice to me! This other 'boy' somehow held my attention and C inevitably broke it off with me. He deserved better than to be with someone who wasn't giving him her full attention. Needless to say, Christian has never cared for this person for all of these reasons. I wish I could show my 16 year old self what it felt/looked like to really love and cherish another person... I would have spared myself a LOT of heartbreak.

9) Hug Michael. Life is short.
:(

10) Apply for scholarships early! LOL. This one is really not something I would have done... but now that I know what it's like to pay back student loans, it sounds pretty good!




1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears. 
3. Describe your relationship with your parents. 
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year old self, if you could. 
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now? 
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?  
7. What is your dream job, and why? 
8. What are 5 passions you have? 
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how. 
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment. 
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have. 
12. Describe a typical day in your current life. 
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have. 
14. Describe 5 strengths you have. 
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why? 
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments? 
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at? 
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive? 
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why? 
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood. 
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first? 
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years? 
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them. 
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now. 
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misunderstand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for


 ** Something super cool happened this week! I entered a contest with around 2600 other people on RockStar Diaries. The contest was to win FIVE pairs of shoes from SoleSociety.com. That's right... FIVE! I won! As much as I used to love her blog, I think I am obsessed now!

XO

Rose

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting